Friday, November 03, 2006

It's amazing what happens when you least expect it.

I have been working 12-14 hour days and loving it. Working with Lou is sheer joy and the way we think along the same lines is sometimes freaky. Yet in so many ways we are complete opposites. But our ideas are similar and the generosity of our spirits. Most importantly. Heading in the same direction.

And I met a man..kind of out of the blue. Jade chaperoned me on our first date for the first 5 minutes. Made sure he wasn't a serial killer. And that wasn't even a week ago and the verbal and written exchanges we have had have been nothing short of amazing. I am totally spun out. This morning he texted me a sonnet and it made me feel cherished. Appreciated. And we haven't even kissed. It's so sweet.

I think I am being courted, in that lovely old fashioned way. He is out of the state until the end of next week, so it will be a long week.

And this week, as most of you know, I took Jade to her first live concert. Hard to believe hey? And we had so much fun. We had the whole day in the big smoke, and hung out on the beach, ate good food, did a little bit of shopping and got lost. Did a lot of u-turns!!

But it was awesome. The people at the concert were great too. We had a little entourage by the end. Very funny. The funniest thing was when Jade let in all the short people in front of her. After a while, well for the headline act, we managed a little hip and shoulder jostle that got us closer to the front. Tough crowd though. Not enough love amongst these youngens today.

In my day, if you wanted to go to the front, you just did. Although, come to think of it, in those days I was probably one of the short people..

I'm not working tomorrow. Instead I am taking my girl to the local fair, where she is walking in the parade with her pre-school. I must sort out my camera.

Hope everyone is well.

5 Comments:

Blogger pitfinder said...

Sometimes life is better when you just do your thing and let it happen.

Have a fantastic day off!

7:58 AM  
Blogger Dz said...

Missed you busy girl.gladd you're loving life:)

7:18 AM  
Blogger earthkissed said...

I'm happy for you that things are going well:) Enjoy being courted:) It sounds nice. Now I have to hope some brilliant band draws you and Jade to Melbourne in the next two months before I leave....

1:42 AM  
Blogger Suze said...

Before you leave? Where are you going? Do you have to return to Brisvegas to complete your degree? And if you are flying/driving via Sydney, let us know and we'll drive down and meet you!!! Even if it's just for a coffee or lunch or something.

4:18 AM  
Blogger earthkissed said...

Yes, returning to the sunshine state. Will be working in Nambour, hopefully living at maroochydore on the beach, but maybe living in Nambour. If I'm driving, will definately let you know, but I only have one weekend to move, so I'll probably fly home, and leave the car for matt to drive... If I don't get to catch up with you, you and Jade should have a surfing holiday on the sunshine coast.... I know somewhere you and your beautiful children could stay for free...

3:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home