Saturday, October 14, 2006

In a weird turn of events, this man on know in Melbourne, is trying to court me. Nothing could be further from my mind, than engaging in this. He is an old business associate who I spoke to, maybe a week ago for the first time in months, and yesterday he rang to invite me to Tasmania for a week-end. Now, the reason he rang me a week ago was to apologise for his behaviour months ago, because basically he shafted me and wanted to make ammends, and then all of a sudden he's asking me away for a week-end. Oh, and did I mention that he has just left his wife because he found out she's been cheating on him for the last six months? When I spoke to him tonight to politely decline his invitation of whisking me away to another state for the week-end, he made it very clear to me what his intentions were. And when I tried to tell him that I was still in love with another man, and dealing with a very sudden, and still very raw break up, he told me that he would wait. And how about dinner next week in Sydney for my birthday? I find this totally bizarre. I told him not to wait for me. I have made it clear that I am not interested and am still trying to find a way to trust him again after his abhorrent treatment of a situation, and he is flirting with me? Is this similar to me trying to bargain with Sam's rationale for breaking up with me? And I can't help wondering if I found this man devastatingly handsome and he lived closer than 1000kms away, would my reaction would be any different?

4 Comments:

Blogger Foxsden said...

YES - you'd say...

"OH go on then you old devil.. I'll fly up there, you can spend all your pennies on me and show me a really good time. I'll use you for the shag of a lifetime because I really need one right now but the WHOLE time im doing it with you im going to stare over your shoulder and picture someone else stunningly masculine and gorgeous and then Im going to raid your drinks cabinet, pinch any chocolate you've got hidden away, use your loo, leave you a little note to say you had a small floret of brocolli stuck in your teeth the WHOLE time and then fly back home and not as much as ever answer the phone to you again you dirty slagwhoreman'

Wouldn't you.. I would.

12:41 PM  
Blogger pitfinder said...

Your response would still be no, no, no, no, no. (or should be)
He just left his cheating wife.
None of this is about you. He's going to turn somewhere, you might be his first choice, or his fifth, either way, you don't want any part of it. Trust me.
Don't take his invitaion as a compliment, it's not. He's looking for a band-aid, a salve, and the instinctive part of his brain thinks you might be *nice,gullible,kind,stupid,-SOMETHING-* enough to go for it. Don't.
You'd regret it later.

Sorry, guys can be like that sometimes.

And I know you already said no, (good for you) but maybe somebody who hasn't yet will read this someday.

8:31 PM  
Blogger earthkissed said...

Even if you're not interested, it's nice to know you're turning heads.

2:13 AM  
Blogger Smiling Willow said...

That's not flirting, that's just... creepy.

I really like ml's idea, but you'll do yourself and creepy dude both a favor by pretending he never said anything. I'm sure he'll look back on this in a few months and be completely mortified. Poor thing, he is just as screwed up as the rest of us.

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home