Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Hot days, hot breeze...love it!! I've been swimming every day for the last week and up until today it's felt like a bit of a chore, but today....today I glided through the water like a little plastic windup scuba diver from an Almodovar film. It felt like I wasn't even moving..effortless.

Maybe it's because I'm drinking like a fish...water that is and eating more protein.

Three quarters of the way down the pool, on my first lap, a pair of sunglasses floated before me, and without breaking my stride, I swam deeper, picked them up on a stroke and put them on the side of the pool.

Was very smooth.

A nice change from this morning which was fraught with phone company bureaucracy and internet banking. Looks like I am getting closer to getting the blackberry that I won connected though, so at least there was some joy.

And the boy? You are no doubt wondering...well quite lovely thank you ;-) He is coming up the mountain to visit my world this weekend and meet a whole of host of old friends whom I don't see very often.

Although last night I dreamt that as I was driving to this party, I could see a huge fire like a twister. I thought that it would be OK cos one of the people at the party is fairly senior in National Parks, and he would have it under control. It was amazing and very scary.

Some days it feels like a bit of a war zone. Helicopters overhead, sirens in the distance, smoky air...really quite disorientating.

3 Comments:

Blogger pitfinder said...

"Maybe it's because I'm drinking like a fish...water that is"
But not the pool water, okay? :-)


Hope they get it all under control soon.




(Hey, I got here first. I guess that's why I stay up at night. -grin-)

10:38 PM  
Blogger Dz said...

how late is it?
Hope it all works out...the boy sounds interesting... wondering how the meet the friends will go. hmmm should do just fine.

4:51 PM  
Blogger earthkissed said...

Glad the boy is going well:) It's been pretty warm here and I wish I had somewhere to go swimming. It will be nice next year - living by the beach. I can't wait. I can't believe the fires rage on, that's bad, I haven't sseen the news for ages... I should watch it more often.

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home