Thursday, August 31, 2006

We got back to his house last night and there was a message on his phone to remember his Dad's 60th birthday. And he said that he wished he would be there, but Calgary, Alberta, is a long way from the Blue Mountains, not to mention expensive..we talked a little more about inconsequential things and then he just said to me: let's go. I said OK. So next week we are flying to Calgary for his Dad's 60th birthday. It must be hard being stuck between two cultures. Being so far away from your family. I mean, a lot of the time I wish I was farther away from mine, but it's still nice to know that if I need them, they're there. And it sounds like a nice family. So next week we are flying to San Francisco, spending a day there, which will be fun, and then flying straight to his Dad's surprise party. So is anyone going to be in San Fran, Sept 8? and want to catch up? or Calgary until the 15th? I guess this is what is meant by a flying visit!!!

11 Comments:

Blogger RockyRaccoon said...

wow your going to the states!!! how exciting!! to bad you wont be on the east coast! thanks for the comment. i havnt been on blog in awhile but my writing has really been comming out lately, so hopefully i'll get back to it.

6:24 AM  
Blogger Dz said...

Wow!
You lucky girl!You shouldswing by Wisconsin:)I know it's not on the way. As to the familiy, yes I know it is hard being stuck between two cultures, and far away from my Mom and Dad. I'm going home in October, can't wait! Been a long year, and a very eventfull one.
You are going to have so much fun! Now don't start fretting aboutmeeting his family, you are so going to blow them away:)
Lol.

1:04 PM  
Blogger Suze said...

aaaaw thanks Jenna. I need the reassurance right now.

5:54 PM  
Blogger Dz said...

Any time babe! You're awesome, keep on telling yourself that!

6:16 PM  
Blogger pitfinder said...

Just be careful what you try to take on the plane. We've gone all nuts about that lately. You can't even bring water with you now. I know it's stupid, it's easier to get platique on a plane than lipstick. Welcome to our country. :-)

6:30 PM  
Blogger pitfinder said...

TYPO Alert!
Plastique (as in explosives)

6:31 PM  
Blogger earthkissed said...

hey have a fun time, sounds like he's willing to be a bit committed if he's taking you home to meet his dad:) Enjoy yourself and you should buy cinnamon tictacs and enjoy one of the most wonderful things about america - how much they use cinnamon - be careful not to get too addicted to them though! *sigh* I miss the days when my sister was always going off to america, and she'd bring me home supplies of cinnamon tictacs!

1:45 AM  
Blogger Identity Crisis said...

Wow! So close yet so far.

1:31 PM  
Blogger Jade said...

I'm putting in my cinnamon tictac order now...oh and if you could just swing by Wisconsin and pick me up a couple of things too...

3:19 PM  
Blogger Smiling Willow said...

Wait, I missed the part where we use a lot of cinnamon. Do we? We do? Don't you guys have cinnamon things?

4:57 PM  
Blogger Suze said...

Babs, what do you mean?? So close yet so far?? Aren't you in Calgary?? We're going to Edmenton too. To that massive walled funpark called a shopping mall. My boy misses cinnamon rolls with cream cheese on the top and apples and cinnamon quakers oats the most. Cinnamon tic tacs hey??? Is the re a mc cinna bun too?? I've seen the McTeriyaki in Japan and McSatay in Malaysia..

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home