Wednesday, July 26, 2006

I went to see my friend (who stood me up for a long awaited dinner tonight) after spending another hour at the dentists. Last filling for a while I hope. The good thing is all the mercury is being replaced by white - much nicer. And there she was with her back turned to me, moving with the focus and unconscious expertise of a concert pianist. Making the perfect kebabs for some customer who couldn't possibly imagine the thought and skill that went into making their tasty snack. I moved over to the rotating meat thing, which smelled disgusting but was so warm, and as I chatted away I just watched her, amazed. I don't think I've ever seen her so centred, focused, dynamic. It was beautiful. She is so beautiful. I think they should put the wooden barrier that separates her magnificence from the public into the pizza oven so the punters can watch her. They could sell tickets. If only she could see herself. Her concentrated face, her surprised super quick smile, that warms my heart. Such a special girl this one!!! As you all already know. My beautiful friend Jade.

7 Comments:

Blogger Ross F. said...

I think I picked that up right after reading the fourth line...:)

11:34 AM  
Blogger pitfinder said...

Even though I've never met you two in person, I think this highly of you both.

6:12 PM  
Blogger Identity Crisis said...

I wish I knew how to express things like you two do.

11:53 PM  
Blogger earthkissed said...

So when are you both coming to Melbourne? :) I could see for myself then:)

10:51 PM  
Blogger The Stiltwalker said...

this is a nice way of words. long time no blog!

ps- I've got 7 cavities!

6:27 AM  
Blogger RockyRaccoon said...

Hey suze!! Glad your back

10:35 AM  
Blogger Smiling Willow said...

when we look at each other and see poetry, that is the beginning of peace.

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home