Thursday, January 10, 2008

So this is the process of the bunk bed, unfortunately there is no happy ending.
So this is how it comes unpacked.

And this is all the stuff I needed to put it together - seems simple enough yeah?

Now we're in room number three, as this is a very small place, and already I'm wondering how I'll ever get the bunks out if I move. The only thing worse than putting flat packed furniture together is taking it apart and then reassembling it. So far so good right?

Still going well and starting to take shape. At this point, my lovely daughter rings me to see if the bunks have arrived, and she's just so excited. I tell her that I'm building them and have renewed energy for this so far slow going project and Oprah and tennis distractions.

And then finally voila. Well not quite voila as there are some corner bits that I can't for the life of me screw into place, but it's solid, and I know that for Luka and her two friends that are coming to stay tomorrow night, it'll be fine. Plus the two friends' mum, Miss V, will be able to help me finish them off, and if not, I'll get the flat pack guy to give me a hand next week.



And then after a really long day, and taking a day off, and not feeling particularly well, I move the bunks into place in the corner of the room, and this happens:



The base of the bedhead post must be rough chip board and snagged on the carpet and just snapped. And I am so f^&#ing disappointed and sad that I won't have this ready for my girl tomorrow night. And so f^$#@ing frustrated that I've wasted a whole day doing one of the things I hate most to have such a crap outcome. And now what do I do, with bunk beds that are assembled and broken? Any ideas anyone? I mean this is childrens' furniture. Surely you would expect it to be made of better quality stuff. How does this stuff pass quality checks? And it's not even the cheap Ikea stuff. F$#@ !!!!

And for some reason I can only see this post in html so I can't tell if the photos are in order or not. I'm sure you can all figure out the right sequence though. So not in the mood right now to to and fro blogger!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Ross F. said...

Suze!!!

Glad to see you back. Wasn't sure if we were going to be graced with your words and thoughts. Glad to know that we are.

Beautiful place. Don't suppose you've got a spare room for rent?

6:28 AM  
Blogger Jade said...

:(

Take it back! tell those bastards to take it back, bring you another, AND assemble it for you!
They've stuffed you around enough.

12:10 PM  
Blogger pitfinder said...

Okay, the simplest thing (especially if you plan to return it) is to find a hunk of something the right height and just block it up under that corner for now. Put it under the white crosspart.

Good Luck!

7:32 PM  
Blogger eleKtrofly said...

they flatpack to save $, but then thy make it so damned hard to put together.

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home