Sunday, January 13, 2008

Flatpack Update:

So it looks as though there may well be a happy ending after all.

I rang the supplier of said flatpack nightmare the next morning, explained my predicament and the very lovely customer service lady - who actually understood the meaning of the word "customer"- (how refreshing), asked me

"so you would like us to send you a replacement of Part A"?

And I said,

"well, close - I would like you to send me Part A with an installer because I have already lost one day on this project, and really can't afford another to uninstall, and then reinstall".

And she said

"could you hold for one minute please?" And I said, "why of course".

I mean if this woman can arrange for someone to come out and not only fix up the broken bedhead as well as put in the bits that I couldn't fit together, who am I to complain about one minute?

In fact, in less than a minute, she came back on the line and said

"an installer will be out next week with the broken part and is there anything else she can do for me?"

So, as they say,

"All's well that end's well"- well Shakespeare anyway.

And I finally found a use for the Stephen King books that happen to be in my bookshelf. They propped up the bed beautifully and Luka and her friends had a lovely night sleeping in them. Luka loves them so much she barely left them all weekend, playing, drawing and sleeping in them.

ps: Photos to follow.

3 Comments:

Blogger eleKtrofly said...

hoo ray!

:)

5:32 PM  
Blogger pitfinder said...

Glad to hear they made it right. That's kind of refreshing.

(Though it's kind of bad that we don't expect at least this much from companies anymore.)

8:10 PM  
Blogger Suze said...

I totally agree with you Pitto. It's outrageous that we've come to expect so little service.

5:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home