Wednesday, January 24, 2007

So I'm going back to my New Year's Resolution. Celibacy. I've just decided that this is not my year for relationships. I've had a couple of murky years in the love quagmire which have been at best, unfulfilling and at worst, devastating .

So this is my year for money and career, I've decided. I was kind of on track with all of that before my Mum died. I was talking to a friend of mine last night who was asking lots of questions about Mum, and I realised that last year was the end of the seven year cycle that started then. And it's been seven years of grief, and fear, and anger and not feeling supported.

And this year, for the first time in a really long time, feels full of promise. This is my year for finding my equilibrium again, my centre. Establishing my base.

This year is about establishing myself careerwise too. I have already picked up one new client, and through her diverse needs, she has helped me realise more about the direction I want to take. I am setting up a new shop for her. Doing all of her marketing and publicity, assisting with the interior design and layout of the shop, and then over the next twelve months, systematising her three businesses. I'll also be writing staff manuals and retraining, provide strategic analysis and plans. And this work is a culmination of a lot of the experience I already have, as well as learning and researching new things.

I'll also be working on my other business, writing a book, producing meditation CDs, which we just received the background music for. We found a brilliant musician in New York who is also a Yogi and owns a recording studio, or has access to it. I strongly recommend elance for any internet based work anyone requires.

I've also applied for a couple of part-time jobs, that are just 10-15 hours per week, sales merchandising. I haven't heard anything yet, but it's another way of focusing my attention and getting a little bit of work each week.

And all of this just feels right. I think I will be moving more in the direction of small business advisor, mainly because I love the diversity.

This is also the last year before my little girl starts school, so I'll have the flexibility to be able to hang out with her. I'm going to pull her out for a couple of weeks in May and go to Fiji with some other friends and their kids. May will be a perfect time for a holiday.

I'm hoping the the subdivision I've been working on will be completed by then, and I'll have a couple of blocks of land to put on the market.

So no more boys, unless they just happen to effortlessly and magically cross my path, and are so special that I can't ignore them. Ergo, no more boys!!!

Last year I tied up a lot of loose ends, and I'll continue doing so this year.

But I think it will be more a year of finally putting down some roots - irony intended ;-)

10 Comments:

Blogger pitfinder said...

See, that's hopw people should live. Over here everybody seems to think they should get *a job* or *a career* and just do that until it falls apart of something better comes along and then go *do that*, until....

I think people should branch out, diversify, have some variety and choices. I like having a flexible schedule.

You could be my new hero. :-)

5:13 PM  
Blogger Suze said...

Oh thanks Pitto...that's so sweet. Linearity has never been my thing..I'm more of a renaissance woman, which really is good PR for 'Jack of all trades, Master of none.' But still, I like being that way.

11:10 PM  
Blogger gothcat said...

you are in the zone,sounds like a great plan ,I agree a boy would potentially drain energy reserves you will need for focus.I wish you the best luck.

11:22 PM  
Blogger Jade said...

2007

The year of the Suze!

You go girl, you deserve all the good things in life.

11:34 PM  
Blogger Suze said...

Hey Gothcat,
I've been reading your comments but I can't get to your blog for some weird beta reason. But I wanted to tell you that you're the only other person I know of who loves Ratcat!!! Me too!!! Did you see them in Sydney last year. I'm guessing not, judging from what I've heard of your year. We should keep an eye out for them and go see them. Did you know the Pixies are playing in March? I'm definitely going to that one!!!

4:29 AM  
Blogger Ross F. said...

Suze - sounds like things are going well. It's always nice to find that focus; thanks for stopping by.

7:00 AM  
Blogger Dz said...

Seams like stuff is coming together for you, gladd that is the way. You never know mabe" he" will cross your path when you are realy not looking and swim:)

12:59 PM  
Blogger gothcat said...

Hi suze,I didnt catch ratcat last year,I havent been to a gig in ages.I would walk on hot coals to see the pixies...
I met simon from ratcat once.so so beautiful.

2:32 PM  
Blogger NWO said...

Best wishes for a great year. Those poor guys--the 'might have beens'--are the unfortunate ones.

9:17 PM  
Blogger Scott from Oregon said...

No BoyZ???

No Way!

What are all those horny beer drinking louts gonna DO if all you girls roll up the carpet and do other things?

I DO like your business plan, though.

Infuse it with a bit of Woohoohoo and you'll do fine.

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home